As you buy shoes for your baby boy, there are a number of factors that you cannot afford to let slip off your mind. Buying cute looking shoes maybe easy, but buying the right shoes is not. Here is a list of some important criteria that the shoes must satisfy before you buy them for your baby:
1. Size- When it comes to buying baby boy shoes, the size of the shoes might be very tough to decide on. Put it on the baby's feet to see if it fits in well or not. Though the shoes should fit the baby boy just well, you might like to opt for shoes that are just a little larger than what required, for ensuring that the baby is really comfortable wearing them. This may not be a bad idea, as long as you know that the shoes are not going to keep slipping off. Baby boy shoes that are made of such material that is stretchable are things you must watch out for.
2. Comfort- Make sure the shoes you purchase are extremely comfortable to the kid. Check it well to know that it neither too warm nor to cold inside, and look for any faulty manufacturing technique, or any manufacturing accident, that might have made the shoes uncomfortable. The best way to ensure that the shoes are perfect in the inside, feel the insides with your fingers. Touch every corner of the inside wall, and feel it gently to see if it might hurt. Check the soles of the shoes thoroughly too. Make the baby wear the shoes to see how he reacts.
3. Strong- The shoes should be strong so that no matter how harshly your baby boy handles it, it never really tends to tear apart. It should be held together very well to resist the strongest of attacks. No matter how the baby twitches his feet or moves around, rubs the shoes roughly on the ground, it should not get worn easily. Such kinds of shoes are capable of caring for your baby's feet the best.
4. Washable- As you buy shoes for your baby boy, you cannot forget the fact that the shoes will be subject to all kinds of mess. Therefore the baby boy shoes should be made of such material that can be washed and cleaned easily. This will make washing the shoes less frustrating and less time consuming for you, and will ensure the fact that the shoes continue to look clean no matter how badly the baby treats it.
5. Airy- Packing away your baby boy's feet inside the shoes, especially for long hours is not exactly a very good idea. Shoes that cover up the feet completely, without letting any air to go in should be avoided, unless of course it is chilly winter time and you need to protect the baby from cold. Shoes that do not allow the feet to breathe are not only uncomfortable to wear, but also cause smelling of the feet in extreme cases. Sometimes this may cause minor skin problems too, if the child's skin is especially delicate and the shoes are worn for prolonged hours.
Sandal Basics What to Look for in a Good Fitting Sandal
Perhaps one of the oldest forms of footwear is the sandal. From some of the oldest civilizations to the current world, sandals have adorned the feet of everything from kings to commoners. While they still maintain a prominent place in the world of footwear, not everyone is completely familiar with the proper fitting of a sandal. With tennis shoes and even casual or dress shoes, it is much easier to understand the fit because there is cover over the foot and there is a toe to the shoe. With sandals, though, it can be much more difficult to understand. The fit of a sandal, though, is no less important than that of other shoes, and so it is best to understand the proper fit of a sandal.
Like most other types of shoes, sandals vary greatly in look, in purpose, and in comfort. Some shoes are for use on the beach, casual attire, and even for certain sports like beach volleyball or hiking. With each type of sandal, comes a variety in look and feel. The fit of sandals, though, is actually consistent. You should, like with all of your footwear, find a pair that fits you best and will take the best possible care of your feet. So what is it exactly you should look for? Let's find out.
First and foremost, a sandal should always support you properly. When it comes to health as well as comfort, the arch of your foot needs to be cared for as much as possible. The arch of the foot is what helps you maintain posture as well as the ability to walk efficiently. To find a sandal that fits properly you want something that will support that arch. Some shoes will do that through the use of actual arch support built in from the start. Others, on the other hand, have cork soles and will mold to your foot over time. No matter which way it is done, any shoe you put on, and especially a sandal, should have good arch support to prevent fatigue as you wear them.
Secondly, a sandal should have a sole slightly larger than you foot. That may seem obvious at first, but it is easy to end up with a sandal that your toes dangle over or the sides of your foot push against. For a sandal, that in many cases has a sole that will form to your foot, you need plenty of room so that it can form properly. If the sandal has a harder sole, then it would hurt your feet if you do not have plenty of room. Everything about a sandal should be for the comfort and health of your feet and the size of the sole is no exception.
Another thing about the sole is that it should be thick. The only thing separating your feet from the ground is the sole. The sole needs to be thick enough to protect you from that wear. To keep your feet healthy, you need to keep them away from the ground and a thick sole is exactly what you need. When shoe shopping, you look for a fairly thick sole with other shoes, so why would you not do the same with your sandals? Always check the sole.
Fourth, the straps should hold your sandal on you securely. The sole needs to stay against your foot and the only way that is going to happen is if the straps keep it there. When you are shopping for sandals, try to find one with adjustable straps. Though elastic may be cheaper, you need to be able to adjust the straps as the sole wears or the straps stretch out.
When shopping for sandals there are several things you should keep in mind. Always make sure you have proper arch support so that your feet stay free of fatigue and healthy. In addition, you should find a sole that is big enough for your feet, and in addition to that it should be thick enough to protect you from the ground. Lastly, look for adjustable straps that will be able to help them fit to your feet securely. To ensure that you have all of these things, you need to make sure you try on any sandal you are thinking of buying. That is the only way you will know that it is truly the right sandal for you.
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com