Lip Plumping: 5 Secrets to Bigger, Poutier Lips
1) First of all, a great lip plumper is a must. I would not recommend those lip plumpers which contain harsh, drying ingredients like cinnamon, as my experience with these has only been temporary fullness, with dryness that inevitably follows. Hydration is key to keeping plump lips, so drying them out only defeats the purpose.
2) Drink lots of water to keep the skin and lips well hydrated. This keeps you internally hydrated. Ever notice how when you're dehydrated (thirsty), your lips tend to "shrivel"?
3) When applying your lip plumper, open your mouth as wide as you possibly can. This allows the plumping agents to get deep in the crevices and cracks and helps to fill out the lip tissue even more.
I especially like to use this technique at night when I apply a generous layers of lip plumping conditioner, so that I wake up with plumper lips. If you want, you can even use your hands to "stretch" your lips out wider, so you can get deeper penetration.
4) Lip pumps are available, but these are kind of an awkward device, although they do produce dramatic lip plumping for up to a few hours after use. Word to the wise on lip pumps : Do not get overzealous with them, as you will most assuredly end up with bruised lips or blood blisters.
5) Start out very slow with these if you choose to use one. The way they work is they draw fluid into the lips by actually forcing it into this localized area through a suction mechanism. Rumor has it, these nifty little devices are used on some photoshoots on models to create an instantly plumper pout.